From the beginning Gnosis has recognized the importance to strengthen collaborations with academic panel of experts. Successful projects have been performed for branded ingredients and formulations under the supervision and direction of prominent scientists.
Academic relationships include among others the University of Milan - Pharmaceutical Science Department "Pietro Pratesi", the University of Pisa - Department of Crop Plant Biology , the University of Padua - Department of Biomedical Sciences,the University of Piacenza - Microbiology Institute of the "Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore" and the University of Modena & Reggio Emilia – Department of Biology.
Gnosis follows rigorous and measurable scientific studies to prove the efficacy of its products' portfolio. Extensive scientific support, effectiveness of products and high level of safety are currently required for pharmaceutical and nutritional active ingredients and specific protocols have to be applied to evaluate toxicological and pharmacokinetic aspects, to demonstrate the safety, the efficacy and the health benefits of products.
Gnosis tests and characterizes its formulated and non-formulated products throughout pre-clinical and clinical studies executed in accordace to GLP procedures provided by the strategic partnerships with scientifically recognized CROs and eminent scientific research groups.
Gnosis is a member of scientific and industrial associations that promote interests and growth of the life sciences.
• Assobiotech, the National Association for the Development of Biotechnology, set up in October 1986 within the Italian Federation of the Chemical Industry (Federchimica). (http://assobiotec.federchimica.it/)
• Aschimfarma, the National Association for Pharmaceutical raw materials that represents about 90 companies producing active ingredients and intermediates for the Pharmaceutical Industry. (www.aschimfarma.it)
• Italbiotec, Consortium of Public and Private Institutions and Industries whose mission is the promotion of Biotechnology. (http://www.italbiotec.it/)
• Italian Biocatalysis Center (IBC) - Research and Development Consortium of public and private partnerships aiming at the technological advancement of new products or manufacturing processes and improvements of existing manufacturing processes. (http://www.italianbiocatalysis.eu/eng/)
• The Internation Coenzyme Q10 Association (IQA), that promotes research and educational activities related to coenzyme Q10 and interacts with other scientists on different research issues also focused on CoQ10. (http://www.icqa.org/ICQA/home.html)
• Federchimica, the Italian Federation of the chemical industry, counting 1300 member companies , that coordinates and protects the role of the Italian chemical industry as well as the promotion of its development capacity. (http://www.federchimica.it/Index.aspx)
• Confindustria, the main organisation representing Italian manufacturing and services companies. (http://www.confindustria.it/)
• Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Handicraft and Services of Canton Ticino (Cc-Ti), that is a consultative and collaborative body liasing with the Administrations which represents, promotes and defends the interest of companies in the region. (http://www.cc-ti.ch/)